In my writing groups, it’s all about NaNo; daily word counts and writing yourself into a corner and plot holes you could drive a bus through. Maybe that’s the answer to the plot problem. Have the protagonist drive a bus through – never mind…
Things I’m doing instead of NaNoWriMo
- Wondering if I should have done NaNo, then reaffirming my decision to pass.
- Lunch with friends, bonding with one over the recent loss of her mother.
- Sitting at my desk, watching a pheasant walk across the lawn.
- Wondering why the pheasant is in my garden.
- Chatting with the delivery guy and comparing weekend plans (me: not much.)
- Writing a fragment of a poem.
- Making a new iTunes playlist, even though I find it hard to write to music with voices.
- Pouring away my third half-drunk cup of tea.
- Making fresh tea and deciding I do deserve a biscuit. (see point 6)
- Gathering the last few chillies from the garden before the frost gets them.
- Downloading another book to my Kindle. If not writing, should be reading, right?
- Looking at the TBR pile of actual books and sighing.
- Wondering again about NaNo.
- Concluding that I just don’t have time.
- More tea.
Where did the day go? Time to make dinner…